Download RecBoot to Kick an iPhone into Recovery Mode
RecBoot is a freeware that allows you to set an iPhone into or out of recovery mode. Windows and Mac users can download RecBoot online and install it to their computer. With RecBoot installed, a user can connect an iPhone to the computer and use RecBoot to set the iPhone into recovery mode. At the same time, they can also force the connected iPhone or iPod Touch out of recovery mode without the need to press on the Home, Sleep, or Wake button. In other words, you can force an iPhone into recovery mode without the need to press any button it.
Traditionally, it requires at least 4 to 5 steps to put an iPhone or iPod Touch into recovery mode. You will need to install the latest version of iTunes to your computer, hold the power button for a few seconds, press and hold the home button, and bla bla bla. These tasks are too complicated and tedious for people who only use their iPhone for calling and messaging. With RecBoot, all it requires is just one click! One click to put the iOS device into recovery mode and another click to exit recovery mode.
How to Use RecBoot
So, how to use this amazing one-click software?
- First of all, download RecBoot and install it to your computer. Here is the direct download links for Windows version (Windows XP, 7, Vista, 8) and here is the download links for Mac version.
- Run RecBoot and connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer.
- Once your iOS device is recognized, all you will see is only two buttons. As you can see from the RecBoot screenshot below, one button is to “Enter Recovery Mode” and another is to “Exit Recovery Mode”. Do you really need further instructions to use RecBoot?
How to put iPhone into recovery mode manually
If you don’t like the way RecBoot performs, here is the manual way to put an iPhone into recovery mode.
- Install and run the latest iTunes in your computer.
- Switch off your iPhone.
- Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting your iPhone and computer together.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the Apple logo appear.
- Release the Home button and you will see the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.” Click on the OK to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
RecBoot alternatives: TinyUmbrella.
In conclusion, whether you are using iOS 5, iOS 6, or iOS 7, there are times where you need to kick an iPhone into or out of recovery mode. In order to perform these tasks, you should download RecBoot to save your precious time.